Friday, August 29, 2008

How could I forget about her!

Has anyone ever paid attention to the recent Converse commericial? I've been like meaning to post this blog about her, since I do not see much written about her. The her that I am referring to is Santogold. Oh gosh I love her, like just as much as I love M.I.A.

Santi White attended Germantown Friends School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and then went to college at Wesleyan University, where she double-majored in Music and African-American studies. The artist got her pseudonym in the 1980s from a friend's nickname for her.[1] She worked for Epic Records as an A&R representative, but left the position to write and produce How I Do, the debut album from the singer Res.[2] In 2003, her father, a lawyer involved in a Philadelphia municipal government corruption case, died.[3]
Santogold was lead singer of the Philadelphia-based punk rock band Stiffed,[4] whose 2003 album, Sex Sells, and 2005 album, Burned Again, were produced by Bad Brains bassist Darryl Jenifer.[5] While in this group, she was offered a solo contract by Martin Heath of Lizard King Records.[6] Her initial singles "Creator" and "L.E.S. Artistes" received attention from Internet media in 2007.[7] White also appeared on Mark Ronson's 2007 album Version, performing on a cover of The Jam's "Pretty Green". *source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santogold*

http://www.myspace.com/santogold
Check out my video bar, and please check her out.

No comments:

Coupons.com...get your savings on! :-)

Swidget 1.0

wibiya widget