Thursday, August 14, 2008

Article I found on Ehow on hair health

Okay I try to find ways to improve my health, especially for my hair. I was raised that my hair is my crown and glory, so I have always been somewhat obsessed. Obsessed with who is putting their hands in my hair, and what products are good for my hair. No matter how many times I tell people of how sensitive my hair is to heat, they still think they should have their dryers/curlers/flat irons set on death. I have had my hair thriving one moment because I did, but decide to pamper myself by going to a stylist. That's exactly what most of them are, stylists. They don't know actual hair care, and will promote anything that will damage or cause you to continue to go to them (yeah this is a rant). Whatever this article is very informative.


How to Improve Hair and Nails Through Your Diet

by eHow Health Editor
Introduction
Our physical traits are mostly determined by genetics, but you can help nature along with changes in your diet. To get your hair and nails in the best shape possible from the inside out, read on.
Instructions
Difficulty: Easy
Steps
Step One- Eat high-quality protein foods. Eggs are a good source as long as you don't have cholesterol problems.
Step Two-Eat grains, legumes, nuts and seeds.
Step Three- Make sure your diet is composed of 50 percent fresh fruits and vegetables.
Step Four-Add sulfur- and silicon-rich foods to diet. Onions, broccoli, fish and sea vegetables are all good sources.
Step Five-Eat food rich in biotin, such as brewer's yeast, brown rice and soybeans.
Step Six-Sprinkle ground flaxseed on your cereal. It provides essential fatty acids.
Step Seven-Eat foods high in B vitamins.
Step Eight-Drink tea made from alfalfa, burdock root, dandelion, and yellow dock.
Tips & Warnings
If you want to supplement your diet, vitamin-mineral combinations specifically formulated to improve hair are available in health-food stores and nutrition centers.
Overall Things You'll Need
Eggs
Flaxseed
Fresh Fruit
Herbal Teas
Nuts
Vegetables
Whole Grains
Fresh Fruit
Vegetables

No comments:

Coupons.com...get your savings on! :-)

Swidget 1.0

wibiya widget