Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life Update

So, as you know I have been out of the loop for a minute. Mainly because life decided that I needed to be extremely busy. I was finding out that I was so out of touch with everything, including my personal life, I needed to pull myself away from the blog. Now that I have some type of breathing room, I just wanted to give my followers some type of update.


1. I no longer have a stressed out work life. There might be those peaks, but nothing compared to earlier this year.

2. D.I.T. is currently attending a catholic school, and after a week she's writing her name. Not bad for a 3 year old, but I'm quite sure there will be someone out there to throw some shade on her accomplishments. She's also telling me (yes me her Mommy) the importance of prayer, and how we should do it often. *raised eyebrow and smiling* This will definitely make my MIL happy! lol

3. Yup, after 4 years he's still with me...*shrug* we celebrated our 4th anniversary family style. Sat around ate dinner, talked about school while watching "The Fantastic Mister Fox." What can I say we're a quirky trio.

4. Nothing new and exciting about my hair...no really nothing. :( I'm not bored with it, but I just never have the time to actually braid it up in styles and whatnot. By the time I get home (if I'm lucky) it's time to get dinner going. Funds are low since I'm now budgeting tuition, so me going to a professional to trim, deep condition and style my hair. I do a quick dusting every now and then, and trust me that's getting out of hand. I will say the D.I.T.'s hair is growing! I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do to my hair on hers. lol Of course since I didn't have a camera on hand, nobody could see the progress. Her hair (in twists on stretched hair) went from just below her chin/above her shoulders (her hair grows in layers like her Mommy) to now above her shoulders/to her shoulder blades. Even Mr. T. said "woooooow, no wonder you go into panic mode when somebody else does her hair." LOL If anyone in southern PG County/DC/or Northern Charles County know of any reasonable stylists that KNOW HOW TO HANDLE natural hair; please leave their information in the comments section.

5. I'm at the point where I am tired of renting. Not sure if I'm ready to put myself out there in regards of looking for something out here on the market, but if I'm hearing about folks living in better parts of the county paying less...yeeeah your girl is trying to upgrade.

6. I haven't even thought about going back to grad school. Why you ask? TIME! I have to get her ready for bed before 9, and then even then I'm dragging my feet. So, I can just picture me sitting in front of my laptop eyes bloodshot because I'm dead ass tired trying read 3 articles with 30+ pages to turn into a lively discussion. That's just for one class, and that's me also having to make sure that the discussion is supported with different ideas...yeah that wasn't going to happen. lol Maybe when she gets older (or we move closer to my job in a cheaper/better neighborhood lol) then yeah I can try to get it together. Right now I just can't do it.

7. Looks at calendar...ya' girl is going to be 30 in 3 months and 15 days! My question is MIA or Vegas? I'm looking for sun, fun, alcohol and lots of dancing. I have a lot to celebrate this year, and I definitely don't want to do it in the cold of DC. Leave me a comment for where you think I should go.

Welp that's a brief summary of what's going on in my life. I wish it was most exciting than what I just wrote, but it is what it is. :-P

Stay fab folks,
Jaz

1 comment:

Firstcry Coupon said...

Really very interesting site...This is very informative...Thank you for sharing with us...

Firstcry coupon

Coupons.com...get your savings on! :-)

Swidget 1.0

wibiya widget