Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How I dread the grocery store

It doesn't matter every time I go to a grocery store, I always happen to find something that I know we need in the house, and then end up over-spending. My last trip was yesterday, and I purposely went with only $20 in my pocket. I knew we need flour (I was frying chicken), oil, AJ needed juiceboxes (yes for 13 months, she does better with juiceboxes instead of the cup), a frozen pizza for Friday night pizza night, and some frozen vegetables. It was so hard because I knew I needed some more fruit, some sugar-free syrup (only like Giant's brand because that Vermont one is something that taste all types of ick), freezer/sandwich bags, and maybe something munch on (even though I still have 1/2 of the Sweet Potato Pie I made last week). I also came armed empty handed without my coupons, being as though I had to sub yesterday. Which wasn't a bad thing because something about coupons, yeah they save me money, but then I end up buying stuff not really needed. Anyways I would like to report that I only spent $19.32, which included me buying the Canada Dry Green Tea ginger-ale.
3 packs of frozen vegetables (frozen kale and collards, with pack of whole leaf spinach)- $3 (they were 10 for $10)
small bottle of canola oil- $2.99
Giant Brand A/P flour- $1.39
Canada Dry- $1 (these were 10 for $10 as well)
Apple & Eve mini-juice boxes- 2 for $3 (she'll be needing these again by Friday lol)
Self-Rising Crust Giant brand Supreme Pizza- $4.99
Yup not bad at all...hey some of us have to be happy with our accomplishments, no matter how small. I'll see if I can have my hubby buy the syrup and some of the correct shrimp (White Shrimp $5.99/lb, we only need 1/2 lb).

No comments:

Coupons.com...get your savings on! :-)

Swidget 1.0

wibiya widget