Okay so this again is courtesy of Eat Better America...I L-O-V-E this cake, and anything that will assist me in enjoying this treat and not feel as guilty...well it's a win/win!
"Healthified" Tres Leches Cake
62% less fat • 62% less sat fat • 20% fewer calories than the original recipe—see the comparison. This indulgent cake is still drenched in three milks, but no longer drowning in fat and calories.
prep time:15 min
start to finish:1 hr 55 min
1 box (1 lb 2.25 oz) yellow cake mix with pudding
1 1/4 cups water
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 whole eggs
3 egg whites
1 can (14 oz) fat-free sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 can (12 oz) evaporated fat-free milk
1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk or fat-free half-and-half
1 container (8 oz) frozen reduced-fat or fat-free whipped topping, thawed
Sliced fresh strawberries, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, vanilla, whole eggs and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 29 to 35 minutes or until edges are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Poke top of hot cake all over with fork or wooden skewer, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking.
4. In medium bowl, stir condensed milk, evaporated milk and skim milk until blended. Slowly pour evenly over top of cake. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour or until mixture is absorbed into cake.
5. Spread whipped topping over cake. Refrigerate until serving time. Garnish with strawberries. Store in refrigerator.
1 Serving: Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 300mg; Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 35g); Protein 6g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 20%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Skim Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 3 MyPyramid Servings: 1/2 c Dairy
*% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.